26/12/2009

Grey Gardens

My Christmas evening (although it's not really my Christmas but we celebrated nonetheless) was spent watching the delightfully moving 'Grey Gardens' starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange.
It began as a pretty movie who's 1930's style looked enticing and inspiring. You soon, however, discover that beneath the glossy costumes there is a real story. There was an original documentary about the characters, both named Edith Bouvier Beale. It is a story of glamour and how difficult and ultimately worthless it is. Also a story of the complicated relationships between mother daughter shot in two different places in time to show the two very different perspectives the characters hold.
I really enjoyed the film. It was inspiring in many ways from fashion to strengths of one's character. I guess I should now say: I advise you to watch it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh their house is lovely!!! I feel like i wanna watch this film now :) xx

L said...

Oh, it was so good!